Types of Personal Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you in various ways, including when you:
- Visit our website
- Contact us by phone, email, or other means
- Register for an event
- Make a donation
- Subscribe to our newsletter or other communications
The types of personal information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, and any other information you provide to us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services or information you request from us
- To communicate with you about our services, events, and other news
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless we obtain your consent or are required or permitted by law to use it for other purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
The legal basis for processing your personal information may include:
- Your consent
- The performance of a contract with you
- Compliance with our legal obligations
- Legitimate interests, such as providing you with information about our services and improving our website and services.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With service providers who help us operate our website and provide our services, such as payment processors and email service providers.
- With our professional advisors, such as lawyers and accountants.
- With regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies, or other third parties as required by law or to protect our legal rights.
- We will only share your personal information with third parties for the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted by law.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use a variety of technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information, including:
- Donations processor commits to complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and using industry standard security.
- Secure storage of personal information in electronic and/or paper format
- Access controls to limit access to personal information to authorized personnel.
- Regular monitoring of our systems to detect and prevent security breaches.
- In the event that we detect a data breach that involves personal information, we will take immediate action to mitigate the situation and minimize any potential impact. This includes notifying the relevant authorities, such as the Data Protection Commissioner, as required by law.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law. We may retain certain information for a longer period of time for legitimate business purposes, such as recordkeeping or to comply with our legal obligations.
Your Rights Under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to access your personal information held by GRCC.
- The right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- The right to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below.
Email: [email protected]
Galway Rape Crisis Centre
Changes to this policy
Cookies and Similar Technologies